Let's take care of your teeth to keep them healthy! It helps to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and...
Dental implants are artificial roots (titanium screw) that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone by and teeth (natural ceramic like crowns).
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and also provide a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures
Dental implants are very strong, stable, and durable and will last many years, but on occasion, they will have to be re-tightened or replaced due to normal wear.
Reasons for dental implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissues.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
The most common cause of tooth damage is decay. Cavities that are not treated or filled can progress to advanced tooth decay. Even without tooth decay, some types of trauma to the tooth can cause damage to its insides.
When your tooth nerve is inflamed (tissue inside, in the center your tooth) or decayed reaches the nerve , it allows the infection to spread into your gums. The decay might weaken the tooth enough to cause it to chip or break, or the inflammation in your gums could cause your tooth to loosen and fall out. In either event, it’s important that we act quickly to try to save the tooth.